Thursday, July 22, 2010

An Excuse [Also: Partially A Late Update for Monday]

I didn't update on Monday because:

a) I got back from work and left as soon as I had changed to attend the Scott Pilgrim's Greatest Hour release party at The Beguiling, Toronto's comic store of choice.

Whilst I was there I met cool Americans (crazy, I know), met the Brian Lee O'Malley, and got both the first and sixth books signed. I'd tweet more about how incredibly amazing these comics are, but that is for another day.

Suffice to say, I returned home at three in the morning, because I waited for over three hours to get the last book signed. Worth every second.

b) The next day my aunt and cousin were around (and had arrived the night before), so we all went out and got all-you-can-eat sushi. Then I fell asleep for a while.

When I woke up I went and saw Despicable Me with other cousins. It was pretty good.

c) On Wednesday I had to go to work. So I did that.

When I got back home there was a big potluck-type thing with the whole family because my mom was leaving the next day.

The house was like a sauna, so I left with two of my cousins to walk around. We bought a box of twenty-four ice cream sandwiches, and ate half between the three of us. I feel like a fatty.

d) My mom left this morning to go back to Thailand so that she can return in time for my brother's last few radiation treatments. Oh, fyi, he has cancer. The good news is that it is almost all gone.

That's why I didn't update on Monday, and I couldn't get around to it until today. There you have it. Now I will go write a real update for today, Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. Blah blah blah sometimes I am bad at updating. I apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like when you comment on your own posts right after you post them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you are one of the only people to comment on this blog.

    Well. I like that you comment on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that I comment on this blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Write stuff down there if you have something to say.